If you’re still using pen and paper to manage your care records, now’s the ideal time to go digital.
The government is giving £25 million in funding to the 42 Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) across England to support care providers who want to embrace technology to transform the care they offer.
Going digital significantly improves the quality and safety of care you provide, with real time data integrated into the NHS. Doing this makes sure people get the right care at the right time, and care staff have access to all the information they need.
The Government cash is being made available through the Adult Social Care Digital Transformation Fund and it’s designed to support any CQC registered social care provider looking to adopt a Digital Social Care Record system. The grant is also being used to roll out sensor-based falls prevention and detection technologies to support those at risk of falls.
This really is a once in a business lifetime opportunity to reduce the cost of a digital care platform. We all know Government funding is a rarity, so you should take advantage of this time-sensitive moment while you can.
To be considered, you have to either:
- Not have a digital care platform in place (e.g. you’re using paper) or
- You’re using a platform that’s not on the assured suppliers' list (e.g. you’re switching from an unassured supplier to an assured supplier). Search the assured suppliers’ list below.
Then here’s what to do:
- Make sure your business is CQC registered.
- Search for an Assured Supplier for your business. Log my Care is proud to be an Assured Supplier so please check us out. We’re supporting thousands of care services across the country with our easy to use carer app and our online dashboard for managers. Our platform empowers your staff through simpler care plans and reduces operating costs and admin time thanks to streamlined processes. We want your staff to spend time doing what they do best - providing outstanding care. We're the only digital care management platform that offers a free plan, giving you everything you need to go digital. Our app and its features have been designed alongside support workers to improve the experience of care for everybody involved, from care delivery and service efficiency, to keeping family and friends in the loop via our family portal. You need a quote from an assured supplier before you can apply for the funding. You also need to consider other costs, such as devices and Wifi. We can help you put this paperwork together, so please get in touch.
- Then it’s simply a case of selecting your NHS ICS region and pledging to work alongside them to grow your digital records system.
Which NHS ICS region are you in?
The NHS ICSs are split into regions and might not all provide funding for the same technologies. However, all ICSs provide funding for the adoption of digital social care records.
You can find the ICS regional information here.
Once you’ve digitised your social care records, you’ll be able to add on other remote care tools to provide even greater personalisation of care planning that focuses on the individual.
If you have any questions, or want to know more about Log my Care’s free starter plan, then please set up a call with us.